Students must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply for Asian American Studies Program scholarships:
- Applicant must be in good judicial standing.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.0 or above).
- Applicant must submit a complete application in order to be considered for an award.
- Applicant must not have previously received the same scholarship award from Asian American Studies.
- Applicant must not graduate before Fall 2017 (i.e., must be a registered undergraduate student through Fall 2017).
- Current freshmen should only apply once their first semester grades are available.
Each applicant will be considered for all four scholarships; however, please note additional requirements for the Nguyen and Taguba scholarships:
Open to all students.
Philip Vera Cruz Outstanding Community Service Scholarship
Open to all students who have taken or are currently enrolled in an AAST course.
Linh-Thong Huu Nguyen Memorial Scholarship
Applicants must declare an AAST minor by the end of the Spring 2017 semester.
Major General Antonio Taguba Profiles in Courage and Leadership Scholarship
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements and have an interest in public service:
- Student is a declared AAST minor or has taken (or is taking) an AAST course with a demonstrated commitment to serve the APA community.
- Student is enrolled in the Navy, Army, or Air Force ROTC program or has taken a Navy, Army, or Air Force ROTC leadership course.
The application is now closed.